A WEDDING AT ROSEMARY HILL OFFERS YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEND A WEEKEND AWAY FROM THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE OF CITY LIFE, ALLOWING THEM TO RELAX AS THEY CELEBRATE YOUR BIG DAY WITH YOU. WITH OUR EXTENSIVE ACCOMMODATION, YOUR GUESTS CAN ENJOY FARM LIFE, FRESH ORGANIC FOOD, AND ALL THE ACTIVITIES WE HAVE TO OFFER; FROM RENTING A MOUNTAIN BIKE OR ZIPLINING IN THE FOREST, TO A HIGH TEA OR PICNIC IN THE MAZE, ROSEMARY HILL IS THE PERFECT ESCAPE.
There are a number of qualities about a Rosemary Hill wedding that have contributed to our reputation as one of the premier wedding venues in Gauteng:
- Being a working farm, our beautiful facilities are authentic and each wedding is truly unique.
- We include countless décor options for you to use, you are welcome to browse through our décor collection to pick and choose what you would like to include.
- You have access to the reception venue the day before the wedding to set-up & do décor.
(8am – 4pm); no last minute rushing that causes unnecessary stress. This leaves more than enough
time for you to spend with friends and family.
- Our dedicated & passionate staff spend hours making your beautiful confetti & flower carpet by hand! They use seasonal fresh & dried herbs & flowers from the farm.
- We include a Suite for your convenience the night before, as well as the night of the wedding.
- You have a 200 – hectare playground at your disposal for taking the most beautiful photos & wedding video – precious memories captured forever
- Professional DJ service included at ceremony & reception: www.multimusic.co.za
- The Estate boasts a large swimming pool & accommodation for up to 80 guests for 2020
- Seasonal vegetables & herbs for your wedding are organically & bio-dynamically grown right here on the farm. Pecan nuts for our signature brownies are also from our own trees.
- Room amenities are all natural & made from herbs grown on the farm & the essential oils distracted in our distillation plant.
At Rosemary Hill, we encourage couples to “make a weekend of it” and take advantage of our unique accommodation options, allowing family and friends to spend more time together than just during the event. Why not have a gourmet braai together the night before the wedding? Accommodation options include the quaint thatch cottage, six contemporary, well-appointed guest rooms, a signature bridal suite, as well as the two large villas—The Farmhouse and Mooibos (privately owned and subject to availability).
Our accommodation pairs beautiful design with modern conveniences like USB charging points, as well as delicious snacks from our bakery. The bathroom amenities are from our in-house range; made from essential oils that are distilled right here on the farm.
Please contact Rachelle at email@example.com to book an exclusive viewing. The owner or Operations Manager will take you on an hour-long guided tour of the facilities and answer any questions that you might have.
THE LIVING CHAPEL
Imagine a chapel made out of fragrant, creeping jasmine! This beautiful chapel is located inside a 2-hectare garden consisting of rosemary, lavender, rose geranium, olive trees, lemon trees, pomegranate trees to name a few. It can seat up to 140 guests for ceremonies. The chapel has a see-through roof to provide shelter in the event of rain.
Ceremony | Reception
This beautiful wooden structure was built in the late 80’s to house an entrepreneurs market. It was later enclosed and used as a store for the farm. Today we use it to seat up to 250 guests for a wedding ceremony, or it can seat up to 120 guests for a wedding reception.
Located at the centre of our formal garden, this open-sided structure provides 360-degree views of the beautiful maze which is home to over 2000 plants. It is a very romantic setting for your guests to enjoy while you are on your photo shoot after the ceremony.
Our old vegetable processing facility is very spacious with high ceilings and can be used for a wedding reception of up to 250 guests.
Guests are welcomed upon arrival by delicious homemade lemonade and gourmet crostinis.
While you are on your photoshoot, your guests enjoy a farm feast of homemade breads served with a variety of preserves, cheeses, biltong, spiced nuts, dried fruits, cold meats, olives, cheese grillers, mini tartlets and meatballs. Drinks are traditionally sparklIng wine and fruit juice but can be customised to suit your theme.
Our suggested dinner menu is a beautiful buffet of traditional and loved favorites. Firm favorites are the rooibos and thyme smoked chicken thighs, beef fillet with café de paris butter, jasmine rice, creamy au gratin potatoes, pumpkin pie with caramel sauce, roasted seasonal vegetables and one of our fabulous salads. Plated options or a family-style feast are also available – a menu can be custom designed for you by our chefs!
The decadent dessert is lovingly prepared by our pastry team and can be either plated, served on wooden platters or on elegant tiers. Favorites include pecan nut pie, cheesecake, brownies and red velvet opera gateaux. Bottomless dutch filter coffee and a wonderful selection of tea is served with dessert.
Bridal couples are treated to a complimentary food tasting once they have secured their date.
MARISE & DANIE
At Rosemary Hill we encourage couples to “make a weekend of it” and take advantage of our unique accommodation options making it possible for friends and family to spend more time together than just during the event. Why not have a gourmet braai together the night before the wedding? We can accommodate 34 guests altogether and options include the quaint thatch cottage, five contemporary and well-appointed guest rooms, a signature Bridal Suite as well as two large villas, known as the The Farmhouse and Mooibos respectively.
Amenities include natural shampoo, shower gel and body lotion made with essential ois from our farm, tissues, towels, room spray, insect repellent, hair dryers, fans’ heaters, USB charging points, free Wi-Fi, fresh flowers, rusks and biscuits made with love in our kitchen, spring water, a lovely selection of tea, freshly ground coffee with plungers and a homemade brownie on your pillow when you return to your room.
HAILEY & CRAIG
We are pleased to be able to offer these unique products and services to all our bridal couples. Make the most of your time on the farm!
BEFORE THE WEDDING:
- Hight Tea
- Gourmet picnic
- Gourmet Braai at the Farmhouse
- Chef with Friday night family feast
- Pre-wedding self-braai packs:Each person gets a lamb chop, wors, chicken wing, beef steak, two types of salad and freshly baked bread
- 1 Bag of charcoal and 1/2 a pack of firelighters
- Bags of ice
- 20 litre Keg of Rosemary Hill Lager (can be moved to bar when wedding starts)
- Rent mountain bikes
- Acrobranch Activities
- Yoga Classes
- Camber bridge dam party, late Summer only
- Guided Horse riding
DAY OF THE WEDDING:
- Babysitter for 1 -3 Kids (3months – 3 years of age)
- Breakfast Platter for Bride: Homestyle granola bars, fruit platter, mini smoothies and yoghurt panacotta
- Breakfast Platter for Groom: Homestyle granola bars, fruit platter, mini smoothies and yoghurt panacotta
- Lunch Platter for Bride: Halloumi, cheese grillers, mini lamb kebabs, chicken strips & aubergine chutney
- Lunch Platter for Groom: Halloumi, cheese grillers, mini lamb kebabs, chicken strips & aubergine chutney
- Gift for the guests – Rosemary or Lavender plant wrapped in brown paper & tied with a ribbon
- Gift for the guests – Homemade items available on request (fudge, cookies, jam, brownies, etc)
- Naked two-tier wedding cake with butter cream icing and fresh berries
- Naked three-tier wedding cake with butter cream icing and fresh berries
- Wooden Stage for the band: Different configurations and heights available
AFTER THE WEDDING:
- Buffet Breakfast for your guests (not staying over on Rosemary Hill Farm)
- Airport transfers
STEPHANIE & CARL
GET IN TOUCH
Copyright © 2018 ROSEMARY HILL | All Rights Reserved | Website by Mighty Fine Productions