• Situated on a working farm, our facilities are authentic and each wedding is truly unique.
• We do not host back-to-back weddings in the same reception venue, (we have two reception venues for you to choose from – The Barn or The Distillery).
You therefore have access to the reception venue the day before the wedding to start set-up of décor and flowers, 8am – 4pm.
• Our dedicated & passionate staff spend hours making your beautiful confetti & flower carpet by hand!
• Complimentary Bridal Room available from 7am for the bride and her entourage to get ready in.
• We include a Stunning Honeymoon Suite for the night of the wedding.
• You have a 200 – hectare playground at your disposal for taking the most beautiful photos & video.
• Professional DJ service included for your ceremony & reception: www.multimusic.co.za
• The Estate boasts accommodation for up to 100 guests and a communal swimming pool.
• Room amenities are natural, made from herbs grown on the farm & essential oils extracted in the Distillery, (which doubles up as our larger
industrial reception venue).
• Seasonal Vegetables, Fruit, Herbs & Pecan nuts used in the preparation of your wedding food are organically & bio-dynamically grown right here on the farm.
At Rosemary Hill, we encourage couples to “make a weekend of it” and take advantage of our unique accommodation options, allowing family and friends to spend more time together than just during the event. Why not have a braai together the night before the wedding or enjoy a delicious meal at one of our restaurants?
Guest accommodation options include the quaint Garden Cottage, six contemporary guest rooms, one of our eclectic pods or our one of a kind, luxurious container cabin. The Village (located in the middle of the farm), is home to the Dorms, Loft Apartments, Studio Apartments, Condo, Gym, Dance Studio and Pool!
Our accommodation pairs beautiful design with modern conveniences like USB charging points, as well as delicious snacks from our bakery.
The bathroom amenities are from our in-house range; made from essential oils that are distilled right here on the farm.
You can conveniently book a time slot on https://calendly.com/rosemary_hill to come for a viewing.
The owner or Operations Manager will take you on a 90-minute guided tour of the facilities and answer any questions that you might have.
THE LIVING CHAPEL
Imagine a chapel made out of fragrant jasmine and other vines! This beautiful chapel is located inside a 2-hectare garden consisting of rosemary, lavender, rose geranium, olive trees, lemon trees, pomegranate trees to name a few. It can seat up to 120 guests for ceremonies. The chapel has a translucent roof to provide shelter in the event of rain.
Ceremony | Reception
This beautiful wooden structure was built in the late 80’s to house an entrepreneurs market. It was later enclosed and used as a store for the farm. Today we use it to seat up to 250 guests for a wedding ceremony, or it can seat up to 120 guests for a wedding reception.
Located at the centre of our formal garden, this open-sided structure provides 360-degree views of the beautiful maze which is home to over 2 000 plants. It is a very romantic setting for your guests to enjoy while you are on your photo shoot after the ceremony.
Recently revamped as the new space for our Essential Oil Distillation Plant. It is very spacious with high ceilings and can be used for wedding receptions of up to 250 guests. It has an industrial feel.
Guests are welcomed upon arrival by delicious homemade lemonade and gourmet crostinis.
While you are on your photoshoot, your guests enjoy a farm feast of homemade breads served with a variety of preserves, cheeses, biltong, spiced nuts, dried fruits, cold meats, olives, cheese grillers, mini tartlets and meatballs. Drinks are traditionally sparklIng wine and fruit juice but can be customised to suit your theme.
Our suggested dinner menu is a beautiful buffet of traditional and loved favorites. Firm favorites are the rooibos and thyme smoked chicken thighs, beef fillet with café de paris butter, jasmine rice, creamy au gratin potatoes, pumpkin pie with caramel sauce, roasted seasonal vegetables and one of our fabulous salads. Plated options or a family-style feast are also available – a menu can be custom designed for you by our chefs!
The decadent dessert is lovingly prepared by our pastry team and can be either plated, served on wooden platters or on elegant tiers. Favorites include pecan nut pie, cheesecake, brownies and red velvet opera gateaux. Bottomless dutch filter coffee and a wonderful selection of tea is served with dessert.
Bridal couples are treated to a complimentary food tasting once they have secured their date.
At Rosemary Hill we encourage couples to “make a weekend of it” and take advantage of our unique accommodation options that make it possible for friends and family to spend more time together than just during the event. Why not have a gourmet braai together the night before the wedding? We can accommodate 92 guests altogether and options include the quaint thatch cottage, five contemporary and well-appointed guest rooms, a signature Bridal Suite , The Farmhouse and The Village.
Amenities include natural shampoo, shower gel and body lotion made with essential oils from our farm, tissues, towels, room spray, insect repellent, hair dryers, fans’ heaters, USB charging points, free Wi-Fi, fresh flowers, rusks and biscuits made with love in our kitchen, spring water, a lovely selection of tea, freshly ground coffee with plungers and a homemade brownie on your pillow when you return to your room.
We are pleased to be able to offer these unique products and services to all our bridal couples. Make the most of your time on the farm!
BEFORE THE WEDDING:
- Gourmet picnic
- Gourmet Braai
- Chef with Friday night family feast
- Pre-wedding self-braai packs
- Bags of ice
- 20 litre Keg of Devil’s Peak Lager
- 30 litre Keg of Bloedlemoen Gin
- Rent mountain bikes
- Do a Segway Tour around the Farm
- Acrobranch Activities
- Yoga Classes
- Guided Horse riding
DAY OF THE WEDDING:
- Babysitter for 1 -3 Kids (3months – 3 years of age)
- Breakfast Platter for Bride
- Breakfast Platter for Groom
- Lunch Platter for Bride
- Lunch Platter for Groom
- Gift for the guests – Rosemary or Lavender plant wrapped in brown paper & tied with a ribbon
- Gift for the guests – Homemade items available on request (fudge, cookies, jam, brownies, etc)
- Naked two-tier wedding cake with butter cream icing and fresh berries
- Naked three-tier wedding cake with butter cream icing and fresh berries
- Wooden Stage for the band: Different configurations and heights available
AFTER THE WEDDING:
- Buffet Breakfast for your guests (not staying over on Rosemary Hill Farm)
- Airport transfers
Event guidelines for COVID-19 Safety
For your personal safety and ours, all our staff continue to receive COVID-19 preventative training measures and hygiene protocols.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
- Venue is sanitised (incl. bars, kitchen, bathrooms and entry/exit points)
- All furniture and fixtures incl. tables and chairs are disinfected
- All cutlery, crockery and kitchenware washed and sanitised
- Crockery is machine washed above 65°C for longer than 5 minutes
ARRIVAL (GUESTS & STAFF)
- Single entry & exit points identified for guests (FOH) and staff (BOH)
- Social distancing is managed
- Hands sanitised & temperature taken prior to entry and recorded on guest list/ staff roster.
- Travel declarations present upon registration for conference (day guests)
- No guest or staff will be permitted without a mask (disposable masks will be available)
- All staff are issued with the necessary gloves & masks
- Hands-free sanitiser stations available at bathrooms, kitchen, bar and entry/exit points
- Guests to be seated and served coffee, to minimise congestion and movement
- Snacks to be pre-plated
- Masks and/or face shields must be worn at all times
- Alcohol-based disinfectant used to clean workspaces and equipment, frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- All surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant after each dish is prepared
- Utensils stored in buckets filled with sanitiser
- All staff to wash and sanitise hands every 30 minutes and sanitise after every dish
- High-potency hand sanitiser (70% Alc) available throughout the venue
- Bathrooms & bar areas sanitised and recorded every 15 – 20 minutes by dedicated staff
- Stringent cleaning protocols are followed in the kitchen
- Only bio-degradable, eco-friendly chemicals are used
- Paper towels available in all bathrooms
- Floor decals to clearly mark social distancing at all gathering points
- Set-up of tables ensures at least 1.5m distancing between delegates in all directions.
- All excess furnishings are removed
- Maximum capacities will be strictly adhered to – attending guests as well as staff.
- Only cashless payment facilities available
- Signage pertaining to COVID visible everywhere
- Staff trained daily on protocols, hygiene & processes
- Stringent cleaning protocols are followed in the kitchen
- Social distance of at least 1.5m maintained while serving
- Masks can be removed for dining and drinking purposes
- All guests & staff to exit through single exit points identified
- Venue and set-up broken down and sanitized